Teenagers Sure Do Eat A Lot

>> Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I've spent double what I usually spend on groceries the past few days and we are going to need more groceries tomorrow again. People sometimes say, "what's one more kid?" Let me tell you that two more teenaged kids (equal six total but mine are all elementary age and younger and don't eat like their teenaged siblings) makes a HUGE difference in the food budget. I feel like it's a neverending round of meals and messes.

I'm a little worried about my stepdaughter's eating habits though. She only drinks water. Period. No milk, no juices. Water is definitely good for her but is she getting enough of what she needs? She says milk hurts her stomach and she can't drink it (we've never heard that before...she always drank milk when she was here before without any problems at all). If she's developed an intolerance, that's something mommy dearest should've told us about. I'm not supposed to drink milk either so it's not like we wouldn't understand that if it is true. I offered fruit yesterday and my kids scrambled for it and my stepchildren refused it. Today I didn't offer. I put fruit on their plates without asking them whether they wanted any or not. I also cut up cheese and put it on my stepdaughter's place so she'd get some calcium in her. I handed out children's multi-vitamins too.

My stepdaughter also said she's allergic to dogs (that's news to us too since we've always had dogs and she has a dog at her mother's too). You'd think having an allergy is something her mother would've told their father about since it's one of her responsibilities when you share legal custody...if it's true.

Who knows what's true.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP