The Stepkids Are Coming

>> Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Well, hubby did send that email to his ex about getting the kids for his spring break after not being able to get hold of her many times via phone. She responded back by email to call her. It did not surprise me that she would do something this silly, but it really was quite inane. Send an email to tell somebody to call you. Why not pick up the phone yourself if you want to talk to somebody on the phone about something?

My husband is nicer than I am as he did call her back (I would've let her know my opinion of her email right back at her). She was actually home this time (we are assuming she really wasn't home all those other times he called her to try to see his kids...yeah, ok). So, the kids are coming this weekend for the first time in almost two years.

Hubby had to chase her down via phone, even though arranging this by phone was at her request, to get his kids. Even though she has email access at home and at work. Even though it meant not getting winter break with the kids because she was never home according to the stepkids when hubby would call there to make the arrangements by phone that their mother insisted on. (Knowing that we've been lied to countless times by my stepdaughter, makes you wonder if this was true too when the kids claimed she wasn't home.) Ridiculous the lengths you have to go to in order to have a relationship with your own children.

You see, the ex thinks that if she discusses it with him via phone, it excludes me. What she refuses to realize is that 1) my husband and I discuss everything beforehand so we are in agreement with what will take place during his phone call with her; and 2) if we are not in agreement about something that comes up during the phone call, it is easily rectified with another phone call or email to her to modify.

She can try to exclude me, but it's not happening. I guess she can dream anyway.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP