The Stepkids Went Home

>> Sunday, March 30, 2008

The stepkids went home yesterday. It'll be at least a couple of months before we see them again (during summer break). My oldest cried for about an hour. My son cried for two hours straight. Our other two kids were ok (the two not closest in age to their half siblings). To take their mind off of their sadness, we went bowling last night (only my second time EVER bowling, lol...I broke two nails.)

I took a lot of pictures and movies while they were here (in case it is longer than a couple months until we see them next...you never know), put it all together onto a dvd into a movie, and sent the movie home with the stepkids. I wonder if this one will work in their computer or dvd player. They never have before though they've always worked fine here (imagine that). Yes, that is sarcasm.

My house is quiet again. My house is clean again.

I found out that my stepson wasn't as good as I had thought (well other than the hyperactivity/loud behavior we had to tell him to settle down with on numerous occasions). I thought he was better because nobody needed medical attention. He did have one occasion where he got ticked off at me because I made him put back the 50 or so books that were throwing around my daughter's room. Boy was he mad. He whipped one at my stepdaughter and hit her right in the temple. Mad at me? Oh well. I found out that he was swearing - A LOT - in front of the younger kids, even calling my daughter that "b" word twice. He didn't swear in front of me ever (he knows better) but I guess he swears at home. My stepdaughter said they have a swear jar that they have to put money in when they swear. Yeah, that's obviously working for him! Not. If I really wanted my kid to stop swearing and what I was doing wasn't working (the swear jar obviously isn't), I'd try something else. A swear jar for stepson? That's a joke.

I hear Irish Spring soap is an acquired taste.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP