Step-Parent Peeve

>> Thursday, March 27, 2008

If there is one thing that bugs me with being a stepmother is when decisions are made that affect MY life, MY finances, MY kids without being consulted. This can be something the ex can do but it can also be something your spouse does possibly.

If it concerns the stepkids, I disengage. If I am not consulted about something then I have no responsibility for it. That means I no longer cook meals, do laundry, babysit, or chauffeur stepkids around. I leave that to the bio-parent! It goes right to "not my kids, not my problem" in this instance.

If it involves my own kids being affected, I become quite angry. Nobody takes my parenting choices away from me or does something that negatively affects my children and expects that to be ok with me.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP