Anybody else get nervous about stepkids coming over?

>> Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I went window shopping today to get ideas for things to do when my stepkids are here. Last year, we decorated easter eggs and cookies...the usual stuff. This year, I think I want to try making candy (chocolate, of course!). I was looking at all the different molds for making chocolate truffles and chocolate suckers. It looks like so much fun! I think it'd be a great joint activity to do with all the kids together. Who doesn't love chocolate? It might be nice to do a scrapbook while they are here together. Just some ideas I am kicking around.

I have a little trepidation about the upcoming visit. Nerves, I guess, wondering how it will go. Will it take all week for the kids to get comfortable and then it'll be time for them to go back to their mother's or will they settle in quickly? Will they be ok or will they show the effects of having to be alienated from us?

I am just a little nervous. Imagine how much more it will be when April actually gets here! We had so much violence and frustrations in previous years from one of my stepchildren. I am hoping it will go well but I worry that we will have a repeat and that would be really bad.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP