Oh no you didn't! I dislike lying!

>> Sunday, August 3, 2008

I was talking to my kids' grandmother this morning and she mentioned that my stepdaughter told her that she calls here all the time and we don't answer the phone. Sha! NOT! The last time my stepdaughter called here, and I remember it specifically because it sent my daughter into tears, was January 2007 (yeah, that is 19 months ago). She called on my daughter's birthday (not to wish her a happy birthday but to talk to her dad). When my daughter answered the phone, my stepdaughter hung up on her. That was not the first time they had hung up on her. My daughter tried calling her siblings several times and EACH time they hung up on her! I can honestly say that in the last decade, the stepkids may have called our home number maybe a handful of times.

In addition, she said that she calls her dad's cell phone all the time and he doesn't answer. Sha! NOT! My husband has been upset on more than one occasion and talked about how his kids never call him. He has said many times that he calls them and they don't answer the phone or call him back when he leaves messages. He is always chasing after them to talk to them on the phone. No matter how many times the kids conveniently don't get the message that their dad called them (like they don't get our emails because they get deleted before they can see them or our letters that get tossed before they see them, etc.), he calls them until he gets hold of them. He is faithful about talking to them regularly (assuming he can get hold of them).

We even gave the kids a calling card about six years ago that I could keep track of online to keep filled up so they could call us whenever they wanted or needed to and not cost their mother a penny. They never used it. It's still active and full of the money we spent to set it up for them.

Their mother won't even call my husband. She will send him an email and tell him to call her. She refuses to pick up the phone first and make the call herself. Stupidity.

As far as I am concerned, lying is uncalled for. What was the point of lying to their grandmother about that? Seriously?

I don't know if my mother-in-law believed me or not, but it was really upsetting to me. It aggravated me to no end to hear about that because we have bent ourselves into pretzels trying to get hold of the kids via phone and email, giving them phone cards to call us, etc. and our attempts are always blocked (gee, I wonder by who). We have always wanted a close relationship with the kids and his ex has made it darn near impossible. To have this outright lie by my stepdaughter was unnecessary. I can't even blame that lie on their mother unless they were put up to doing it while at the family reunion. My stepdaughter would know whether she actually picked up the phone or not to call us.

This was said at the family reunion too. Makes hubby look real good in front of all his relatives, eh? Hopefully, it was just said to their grandmother alone and not in front of the rest of the family. I didn't ask. I didn't want to make a huge deal of it with my mother-in-law because it would just upset her and I don't want to do that. I wanted her to know that it wasn't true though. I wish everybody knew just how much my husband has done over the years that many fathers don't bother with. It's not his fault that his ex does everything she can to interfere in their relationship. It's also not his fault she puts on a friendly face for his family but stabs him in the back behind theirs.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP