What would you do?

>> Monday, May 23, 2011

I am really expecting my stepdaughter and her mother to go back on the agreement for two graduation tickets for us and just hand over one for dad - making him choose between seeing his daughter graduate or standing by his wife, stepmom to his two kids for 15+ years now.  (No, I can't get more tickets from the school - already asked!  They give a certain number to the graduating student so they're in the ex's hands now and they give enough for parents, grandparents, etc. so it has nothing to do with not having enough tickets.)

If dad is told he is only getting one ticket for himself and you were dad, what would you do?

As stepmom, what would you do?

As stepmom, what would you expect dad to do?

I don't know if my stepdaughter has the gall to do that - she's been really difficult and hostile but I don't know if she'd go that far.  She'd be drawing a line.  I guess we'll know in less than two weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous May 24, 2011 at 2:37 PM  

Hmmm, that is a hard one to think about. I think in our house, if the Ex/Child made the decision to only invite dad when they KNEW that the other person(s) wanted to go, we were strapped for $$, and the kids basically only come around/ask for Money, my Husband would probably not go. If he didn't go, we would ALL go as a family to the open house (except in our case that would NEVER happen, because the Ex will not have an open house) so we would probably make a certain date to go to visit with her as a family and give her her graduation gift then and let her visit with EVERYone. Again, this situation (if they only give one ticket) sounds like the Ex once again controlling WHO is around her children and what they will be doing. Sadly your Step-daughter is of age and would hopefully make the 'right' choice...

Smirking Cat May 25, 2011 at 9:30 AM  

If your husband only receives one ticket but was promised more than one, I would just ask his daugher why he is only getting one. Dealing with a psycho ex-wife, you never know what the kids do on their own and what they have been pushed to do. Calling both of them out on it and asking why he only gets one ticket is not out of bounds at all. If his daugther deliberately only gives him one ticket, well, it is easy to say "then don't go" but that will be a tough decision to make. I would have to say, if his daughter isn't respecting him enough as a father to give him the tickets that were promised and istead turns this into a drama-filled game like her mother, then he doesn't need to play along.

Syn May 25, 2011 at 12:06 PM  

I'm torn. I really am. I hope she doesn't do this to her dad. It'd be a real crappy position to put him in.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP