What is Mesothelioma?

>> Thursday, January 15, 2009

There are commercials all over the television for mesothelioma. I had no idea what this was so I looked it up.

Mesothelioma is a cancer that is almost always caused by previous exposure to asbestos (it is not caused by smoking but your risks for getting mesothelioma increase if you are a smoker). It develops in the mesothelium in your body. I didn't know my body had mesothelium so I looked that up too. Mesothelium is a lining that covers most of your internal organs (lungs, heart, abdominal cavity, etc.).

Now I know what it is. Our last house had asbestos shingles that gave off a dust down the side of the house until we had it painted. It's why I never wanted to plant a vegetable garden. I was afraid the asbestos was in the soil. I hope painting it to stop the dusting was enough.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP