Breastfeeding vs. Facebook

>> Monday, January 26, 2009

**cross-posting**

Apparently this has been news for a month but I'm just now seeing it on CNN today. Facebook is removing pictures, or banning individuals, for posting breastfeeding pictures. They showed one comment on the news from a woman comparing breastfeeding pictures to sexual pictures. Lady, take the stick out of your backside so you're not so uptight! There is a huge difference between feeding your infant and sex. If you don't realize that, perhaps you should look into improving your sex life!

I have nursing pictures; I had them professionally done. I don't have them on my PRIVATE Facebook but I don't think there would be anything wrong with it if I did (private as in only friends and family have access). My pictures were tastefully done and didn't show anything more than a mother nursing her infant. I think if the pictures are in good taste and modest (we aren't exposing both breasts for the hell of it since baby can only use one...unless you're feeding twins), then what is the problem? Send some of the more uptight individuals to a beach outside Toronto and see their eyeballs pop out of their head with the topless beaches or the bathing suit "floss" that some people call bathing suits. A nursing mother is feeding her child!

If there are individuals who are posting inappropriate pictures, then they should be removed. However, breastfeeding is beautiful and appropriate, modest pictures shouldn't be removed or individuals banned for them.

The United States, for all their freedoms, sure has a lot of constipated people! I am an American so I can say that! :)

As an aside...but similar topic...I never understood why men could walk around shirtless but women couldn't here. Are we that uptight or are our hot-blooded males that unable to control their urges if a breast is flashed? So, which is it?

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP