Great Spike in Traffic. Thanks!

>> Saturday, December 12, 2009

My blog just saw a lot of traffic from a link somebody posted on a forum linking the Disengaging Essay on my site here (see link in left margin). I love it when traffic like that hits my blogs because I know it's other stepparents. When people google an oddball word not related to blending families and it hits my blog, those people bounce away. While I appreciate the traffic, I don't want a high bounce rate. Step-parents don't bounce as often.

When an ex like some of the ones we complain about hits my blog, oh boy can the 'you know what' hit the fan with nasty comments. Since I don't approve the comments that contain a handful of cuss words because I don't want strong cussing on my blog, you guys don't see them (you're missing out on some laughs though...sorry guys).

Another way to bring traffic to a blog is through a web directory. I haven't tried that yet. This blog does really well in traffic. It's the best in terms of traffic over all my other blogs. That's kind of sad to think there are so many stepmoms having problems blending, dealing with an ex, or dealing with their spouse over their dealing with their ex. Why can't we all just get along? You don't know how many times over the last 14 years I've thought that.

3 comments:

Peggy December 14, 2009 at 2:27 PM  

Your article on disengaging appeared on a support group I help moderate, smoms.org.

I've also included a link back to your site from my blog, http://thestepmomstoolbox.com

Excellent article and I'd like to re-run it as a guest post (if you're up to it) on my blog after Christmas.

Let me know if you'd like to do that.

Peggy Nolan
http://thestepmomstoolbox.com
toolboxgrl@gmail.com

Peggy December 16, 2009 at 1:36 PM  

One of my sista SMOMS from smoms.org found your article on Disengaging...it's been bumped by a handful of us to new or relatively new stepmoms who need to step back and press pause.

I would love to re-run your article on my blog, http://thestepmomstoolbox.com in January. Please let me know if you'd like to be a Guest Star!

Peggy
http://thestepmomstoolbox.com

Syn December 27, 2009 at 5:26 PM  

Hi Peggy,

Sorry I am just getting back to your comments now. I've been concentrating more on getting thru the holidays, my family, and my new job and barely on my blogs the past few weeks. You are welcome to re-run the article. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate it!

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP