White Trash from the Other Side

>> Monday, February 2, 2015

I don't care how old my kids get. If they behave disrespectfully or nasty, I'm going to call them on it whether they are nine or 19 (or four or 40!).

You would not believe (or maybe you would) the nasty language used on my stepdaughter's Facebook page by my 19yo stepson and one of his friends. It was disgusting and it wasn't filtered so anybody on her FB could see his language - grandparents, aunts, uncles, siblings, his mother, etc. When I commented on the post that younger siblings could see the post on her FB, the response was "you guys are weird". I couldn't tell if she was directing that at somebody else in the thread or me. If it was directed at me?  I'm weird for not wanting kids to be subject to the most disgusting language (it just wasn't a cuss word...it was nasty smut about what each boy could do with very explicit, white trash language). We ended up taking off our youngest child from her sister's FB so she wouldn't see it. The ex's dad ended up calling my SS out on it on FB - told him to show more respect for his grandmother. The ex? Nah, why should she parent? Why start now? She not only responded passively to it on FB, she allowed it to stay up. You'd think embarrassment alone for how the rest of the family views that behavior and her reaction would be enough for her to do something. Nope. Guess she's done pretending to be something she isn't?

Maybe my expectations are too high. If you raise your kids without rules or consequences, and they act like white trash, I guess they're just behaving in the same way they've always been allowed to when they've been with her.

Nope. I expect MY kids to be respectful. If I raise them to act like white trash, then shame on me.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP